MODEL + MEASURE
Detailed moisture maps in just 48 hours. The VSA charts nearly 200 data points to show exactly how your sample absorbs and desorbs water.
Predict, prevent, and understand moisture’s effects.
Isotherms are critical to understanding the moisture-related properties of chemicals, excipients and other ingredients. Many industries share open-access isotherm libraries – but the diversity of proprietary chemicals and excipients in the pharma industry mean there isn’t always reliable information available. With a VSA on the bench, researchers can build an infinitely valuable custom isotherm library in a matter of weeks.
ONLY FROM METER
Dynamic Vapor Sorption just got a big upgrade.
We call them Dynamic Dewpoint Isotherms, or DDI. While DVS waits for equilibrium at each new humidity level, DDI steadily pulses air over the sample, imitating humidity changes in the real world. DDI continuously measures changes in moisture content and water activity, producing isotherms 5x more detailed than DVS in a sixth of the time.
VSA stands alone. It’s the only analyzer with DDI technology – you won’t find absorption and desorption curves this detailed anywhere else.
With more than 100 points instead of five or six, the VSA’s DDI readings are detailed enough to pinpoint glass transition points. There’s no need to extrapolate anymore – it’s all in the isotherm. If an application calls for a lower resolution isotherm, the VSA easily switches into DVS mode.
Extract more insight from your data
The VSA comes with intuitive, full-featured modeling software complete with research-tested predictive models. The Moisture Analysis Toolkit will:
Accelerated shelf life studies, accelerated
How will temperature, humidity, packaging, and moisture levels affect your product over time? Finding out doesn’t have to take months. Enter a few criteria, and the VSA’s powerful software will determine the minimum water vapor transmission rate your packaging needs in order to achieve the shelf life you’re aiming for.
- 5 minutes to set up a test
- Data automatically recorded and sent to your computer
- Measure both DVS and DDI isotherms
- Use high resolution DDI isotherms to identify critical moisture ranges
- DVS isotherms allow you to study kinetics
- Get the same or better performance of other systems, but pay 50-80% less
- Determine shelf life
- Identify the critical humidity for glass transition
- Evaluate packaging performance
- Determine hygroscopicity
- Track hysteresis
- Predict coating breakdown
- Find susceptibility to caking/clumping and more
- Dynamic Dew Point Isotherm (DDI) & Static (DVS)
- Accuracy : ±0.005 aw
- Resolution: 0.0001 aw
- Range: 0.030 to 0.950 aw @ 25 ◦C
- Repeatability: ±0.003 aw
- Temperature Control: 15 to 60 °C (sample chamber temperature; sample temperature is measured separately, and may vary)
- Temp Stability : ±0.1 °C
- 7 psi max
Sample Weight Range
- 500 to 5,000 mg
- 4 to 50 °C; 0 to 90% relative humidity (noncondensing)
Let’s talk applications.
You don’t have to figure out how a new instrument fits into your workflow alone. We’re eager to hear your goals and discuss how we can help. Submit this form to talk to an expert.
Masters of moisture.
From cleansing irradiated Fukushima rice paddies to contributing to the discovery of moisture on Mars, we've solved complex problems in a long list of industries. More about METER →